Recently I received an inquiry as to my availability to consult for a company that needs to extract data from Automobile Dealership Computer Systems. They build websites for dealers and wanted to extract vehicle inventory data. Here is my response;
December 6, 2010
Dear Mr. Jones,
I enjoyed talking with you last week about your data extraction needs. I have been involved in data extraction while creating Business Intelligence solutions for auto dealerships for the past ten years. I currently am contracted with ADP to prepare extractions for their ADP ARG (AS400) clientele who are (were) mainly Saturn customers. I also have worked with a large dealership group here in Nevada building business intelligence Sharepoint solutions which are heavily dependent on data extraction. The following is a summary of my skills as they relate to this project:
Data Extraction Platform Experience:
- ADP – UNIX, PICK – Both Telnet and DAP (Data Access Program)
- ADP ARG – IBM AS400, DB2 – (System modified by EDS for Saturn Dealers)
- Reynolds & Reynolds – Query Builder – Telnet
- Arkona – IBM AS400, DB2
- InfinitiNet – IBM AS400, DB2
- With the advent of Microsoft’s Windows Communication Foundation and ADO.Net there’s really very few systems that can’t be mapped given access.
Data Extraction Methods and Languages Experience:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- AS400 (DB2) SQL
Data Presentation Experience:
- Excel Services
Based on our conversation last week I put together the following proposal.
That’s it. I include it here in case any one might be looking for similar abilities.
Happy New Year!